PayPal.com Payment Logo

PayPal Acceptance Mark

Friday, August 9, 2013

Higher Page Rank Doesn't Mean Higher Traffic/Conversions

Reading the following by Mr. Cutt's concerning Page Rank - I had to smile.
So many clients and owners have shown their real knowledge of SEO, when
they are not open to other uses of resources.

Matt states:

"Even I was a hardcore believer of that Myth but my doubts were cleared When I faced First Page Rank Update of my blogging career. Search engine uses hundreds of factors to determine Search Engine Rankings. PageRank is also one of them but carries very less impact. PageRank is not so important as many guys believe.  Now a days Google is distributing Page Rank blindly.
Example :- I made a lot of high quality backlinks for technoupdates.org but its PR got dropped from PR3 to PR2. On other side I bought a domain in starting of December 2012 and just wrote a few low quality articles there. I didn’t made even a single backlink for that blog but yet it got PR4 in Feb 2013 Page Rank Updates.
So we can say that now a days Google has removed Page Rank from their Ranking Criteria. Having High Page Rank doesn’t means that your website will get high position in SERP. From my personal experience I have seen that one of my Page Rank 0 blog performs much good then PR3 blogs in Google. Instead of PR you must care about Domain Authority ( DA ). Domain Authority is the factor that can give you higher rankings. However its easy to get High PR but getting high domain authority is really a hard job.
During a recent Google Plus Hangout I came to know that Google Page Rank can be faked with some tricks. Even you can easily get High Page Rank for some bucks. So does PR still matters ? Previously there was a reason to love high page rank : Paid Posts. There was a time when you could get much advertisers because of your high page rank but now game is over. Recently many advertisers rejected my blog due to less Domain Authority while I was having Good Page Rank. They told me ” we no longer believe in High Page Rank. Domain authority is the main criteria for us while choosing blogs for Paid posts/Review”. I will recommend to concentrate on your content quality, On Page SEO and high quality backlinks.

More Reciprocal Links Means Better Ranking

That’s the common SEO Myth even some big guns make use of it. I have seen a lot of blogs which are nothing but a list of sites. Many guys are using various badges on their blogs but believe me they don’t work to rank high. Such a websites are full of spam because they don’t follow Google’s Webmaster Tool guidelines.
So first reason not to use those directories sites is that they are spammy. They have a lot of outbound links per page. They even link to new blogs which don’t have any quality content and back links. So in short getting backlinks from such a directories is always harmful and a part of negative SEO.
Another big reason is way of backlinks. Most of the Website directories requires to put their badges on your website if you want to get your website listed there. Suppose your blog is about Health but these directories have every type of blog links. When you will link back them , it will be bad SEO practice. No matter how much backlinks you got from such directories but if those aren’t relevant to your niche then they don’t carry any SEO importance.
Here is another example of irrelevant backlink method that many newbies use :
Suppose you are having two blogs, one about Health Related Topics and another about Technology Niche. In a PR update one of your blog gets high PR and other one remains same. The first task you will do is linking to you low PR blog from High PR blog. That’s the biggest SEO mistake to avoid. Always care about relevancy of backlinks otherwise they won’t work to rank higher.
I am not saying to avoid link exchange. Link exchange is a great way to get natural backlinks but make sure you link back to same website as your. For example if you are having a blog about Exam Results then you can link back to Jobs,Online Education etc. websites. But it doesn’t means to distribute links to a lot of blogs. Be selective and consider the quality of blogs." by Matt Cutts I smiled inside.
I have been involved with many clients and owners who spend so much of their resources and energy chasing PR and I smile when I have attempted to explain - there are other factors and strategies to focus on. 

Matt Cutts explains - watch video: 


No comments:

Post a Comment